What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are added to your computer and any other device you use to browse the web. Cookies allow us to remember your preferences when you visit the Albemarle & Bond and Herbert Brown website.
What Information do cookies collect?
There are many different types of cookie; the cookies we use on our website allow us to recognise you as a past user of the site and also collect information about the pages you view. We don’t collect personal information using cookies and any information we collect about the journey you take on the site is anonymous.
Who sets the cookies?
Cookies placed on your computer while visiting are website are done so by Albemarle & Bond and Herbert Brown and our suppliers. Other third parties who will set cookies when visiting our website include Google and social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To enable Albemarle & Bond and Herbert Brown to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits of our customers and to help us continually improve our services
How do I disable cookies?
You can manually disable cookies in your web browser, how to do this varies depending on the browser you use. A simple explanation of how you can do this in three popular browsers is below.
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “Tools” (or the cog wheel to the right of the address bar).
- Select “Internet Options”
- Select the “Privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting using the slider bar (e.g. “High” or “Block all cookies”)
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Select the ‘”Open menu” button (top right opposite the address bar)
- Select “Options” and then “Privacy”
- Under “History”, use the “Firefox will:” drop down list to select the “Use custom settings for history” option.
- Select the relevant option e.g. “Accept third party cookies” – “Never”
For Google Chrome
- Select the “Customise and control Google Chrome” button which is to the right of the address bar
- Select “Settings” and the “Show advanced settings”
- In the "Privacy" section, select the “Content settings button” and then select the relevant option (e.g. “Block third-party cookies and site data”)
If you require further information on cookies you can find guidance on the Information Commissioners Office Website here.